Header Ads

How To Make Quinoa & Corn Griddle Cakes With Black Bean Salsa





Made some changes but still delish. Adobo chipotle sauce in the quinoa cake. Since I don't like tomatoes, I took liberties with the toppings. Roasted sweet potato, avocado, extra peppers.

Ingredients

Griddle Cakes
1/2 cup quinoa (I used Trader Joe’s organic quinoa)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 scallions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp 1% milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce (I used Tobasco)
1/8 tsp black pepper
Olive oil cooking spray

Salsa
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1.5 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
Lime juice, to taste
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Optional Toppings
Prepared salsa (I like Pace Picante)
Sliced avocado or prepared guacamole (I like Trader Joe’s prepared guacamole)

Read full instructios at : pickyeaterblog.com





Powered by Blogger.